The people of the world are up against major challenges and mass media is focused on negatives and a divisive discourse. Most people feel fearful and helpless about the future. Even countries feel helpless in confronting the global challenges. The rise of nationalism, seems to be a reaction to this. We believe nationalism thrives on fear mongering and compounds the problems.
In times of fear people find temporary and false comfort in blaming the “other”. Where the “other” is another Nation, Religion, Race and so on. In an atmosphere of insecurity many people join a mob because they are scared. A mob gives people security and comfort through numbers, justice and truth becomes irrelevant. Some even aim to profit from this and become active drivers of this negative spiral.
Luckily there are many good people from all walks of life who want to break free from the psychosis of fear. They are not driven by selfishness and untamed greed. They find their happiness in helping others and enjoy giving. They want to leverage similarities whilst celebrating diversity. Many Muslims also want this. There are many groups among all nations, religions and races that are doing good work. Many Muslim individuals and organisations are also doing good work. But the good work is not visible to others and media does not focus on these things as it is commonly believed good news does not sell. In the end most mass media organisations are businesses that have to deliver profits to their owners.
As Muslims seem to get the most negative press in mainstream media, we believe that Muslims leading a global movement to deliver a better future for all will have a dramatic effect. It will generate enormous hope and unity. It will drown out the fear and despair so prevalent today. We believe there is so much opportunity to do good, we have no time for fighting over differences or focusing on controversies. Let us start by sharing and inspiring each other through good work being done by Muslims or to Muslims.
Why the Muslims
Today Muslims have a bad name. They are synonymous with terrorists, with oppression and poverty. By behaving like victims we have abrogated our responsibility and created a losing mindset. We need to switch to a winning mindset.
Muslims represent 1 in 5 of the world’s population and sit atop most natural resources. They have the manpower and the resources to lead a brighter future for the world. Allah expected us to look after his creation, the earth and all that lives on it. Islam teaches us compassion and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was also known as the comforter.
We as Muslims can lead an alternative approach. We can champion hope over fear, love over hate. We can build bridges and breakdown down walls. We can bring comfort to a troubled world.
The Muslim Project World – Our purpose
We believe to serve Allah we have to serve humanity. Our focus is not to try and create some Utopian Muslim World. The ideology was created in our Prophets time, we do not need to re-invent it. We just wish to practice the compassion and care that we were supposed to bring to earth.
Create a positive Muslim identity that is based on good actions and a winning mindset
Make the world a better place for all its inhabitants
We will focus on real global issues issues that affect us all. We have chosen ten areas based on (Business Insider UK)
- Climate change and destruction of natural resources (45.2%)
- Large scale conflict and wars (38.5%)
- Religious conflicts (33.8%)
- Poverty (31.1%)
- Government accountability and transparency, and corruption (21.7%)
- Safety, security, and well being (18.1%)
- Lack of education (16.5%)
- Lack of political freedom and political instability (15.5%)
- Food and water security (15.1%)
- Lack of economic opportunity and unemployment (14.2%)
We will build a mass movement globally through a 3 phased approach.
- Build Awareness – Here we will share the good work or initiatives that is happening around the world
- Inspire – We will seek contributions from inspirational people who have made a difference in any of the 10 focus areas
- Lead – We will invite thought leaders from among Muslims to build strategies and action plans that all can follow to confront the 10 chosen challenge areas.
- We strongly believe in non-violence
- We will focus on actions not confrontation or controversy
- We believe in an “aggressive do good” and not a “defensive do nothing” strategy
- We are not experts on theology
- We do not decide who is a Muslim. We leave it to the individual to decide.
- We will always look for synergies and celebrate diversity.
- We will seek to unite on good causes and avoid things that divide us
- Focus on issues that matter to all humans not just Muslims
- We will be pragmatic and focus on issues where we can make a difference
- We will have a winning mindset
Here are a few quotes from one of the greatest.
“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
“If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
“My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” – Michael Jordan
“I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.” – Michael Jordan